AgricultureInformation.com

Thread: Drumstick Harvesting

Post Drumstick Harvesting

Hello All,
    I am new to agriculture. Planning to buy a agriculture land in Tamilnadu (Preferrably Sathyamangalam). Please advise me the following questions.
    1. How many drumstick trees can be planted per acre.
    2. what is the average yeild of drumstick p/day for an acre of land.
    3. Whom should we contact for marketing drumstick in India.
    4. Which land is preferrable for cultivating Drumstick harvest.
    5. For a Good Quality of Drumstick what is the selling price that we can expect.
    6. Since I am new to agriculture, Is drumstick harvesting is an apt method for me or do you have any other safe ways for agriculture.

Dear Sir

Drumstick is a Short, slender, deciduous, perennial tree, to about 10 m tall.Fruit production is mostly throughout the year.

In India, the plant is propagated by planting limb cuttings 12 m long, from June to August, preferably. The plant starts bearing pods 68 months after planting but regular bearing commenced after the second year. The tree bears for several years.

Harvesting
    Fruit or other parts of plant usually harvested as desired according to some authors, but in India, fruiting may peak between March and April and again in September and October. Seed gathered in March and April and oil expressed.

Yields and Economics
    yield of about 10 MT pods per hectare.

For more details visit the below
    DRUMSTICK INDIA - Drumstick (Moringa) Leaf Powder Capsules, Moringa Leaf Tea Cuttings, Drumstick Seeds - 48k - Cached - Similar pages

kirti

The Information is More Useful. Can you please advise on how many trees can be planted per Acre. Is it an safe method for me as I am a new comer.. Please do advise me if we can cultivate mixed crop cultivation.

Dear Sir

U take the spacing between the plants as 3x5mts.

And u can try some intercrops too such as some medicinal and aromatic crops.

Premium Member

Arrow We can supply!

Quote Originally Posted by balajigm View Post
    Hello All,
    I am new to agriculture. Planning to buy a agriculture land in Tamilnadu (Preferrably Sathyamangalam). Please advise me the following questions.
    1. How many drumstick trees can be planted per acre.
    2. what is the average yeild of drumstick p/day for an acre of land.
    3. Whom should we contact for marketing drumstick in India.
    4. Which land is preferrable for cultivating Drumstick harvest.
    5. For a Good Quality of Drumstick what is the selling price that we can expect.
    6. Since I am new to agriculture, Is drumstick harvesting is an apt method for me or do you have any other safe ways for agriculture.
    Dear Sir,

We can supply best qualtiy PKM 1 morinaga seeds. Available in poly bags. we can despatch them to any destination in India.

Send your shipping address and e mail address by Private Message or directly to
    sampadafarms@gmail.com to enable us to send you Proforma Invoice.

Regards
    Raghu Ram

M/s. Sampada Farms & Consultants, 405-Panchaseela Towers, Park Lane, M G Road, SECUNDERABAD-3. Andhra Pradesh. //tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/AgriWealthINDIA/ Mbl:0 9848203647, Ph. 040 64641344
    sampadafarms@gmail.com, www.sampadafarms.com