Notices
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: goat farming

1. #1 goat farming 

i have a very innocent question.is goat farming profitable.
    if i keep 1000 goats in my farm what would be my costs during the next 24 months.what is the average mortality rate.what is the cost of keeping a goat in my farm per day.thanking you beforehand.smfrance.

2. #2 goat farm 

hi

it depends upon what breed you are going to rear. there is an aproximate cost of feed per day is Rs. 5/day. you have to have your own grass land as well as you can produce your goat feed in your farm itself. please study more about goat farming, methods, management. and select your breeds too. yes it is a profitable busienss.

3. #3 Goat Farming 
    Dear Sir

INTEGRATED GOAT farming is a viable income-generating sector, especially for marginal farmers. Studies on cross breeding of the Kanni variety and other local varieties with the Boer goat and the economics of integrating them in dryland farming have shown promising results according to Dr F.R. Sheriff, Director of Extension Education, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS).
    "Integrating goat farming with cropping systems like agro forestry models such as, agrisilviculture, hortipasture, boundary plantations, wind belts and silvipasture models with trees and grasses can be established in wastelands to supplement farm income," said Dr. Sheriff.

Feeding variety
    Being hardy animals, goats can be fed on Neem (Azadiracta indica) and a wide variety of fodders and grasses such as Kolukattai grass (Cenchrus ciliaris), Guinea grass (Panicum maximum), Stylo (Stylosanthus hamata), Agathi (Sesbania grandiflora), Fodder cowpea (Vigna uinguiculata) and Vagai (Albizia lebbek).
    For healthy and active animals, farmers are advised to provide a concentrate mixture of 50 parts of wheat, maize or broken rice, 25 parts of groundnut cake, 23 parts of wheat bran or rice bran, one part of mineral mixture and one part of common salt.

Breeding ratio
    Does (female goats) normally come to heat in one to one and half years of age. The normal breeding ratio is one buck for 25 does. Goats can be bred three times a year. Usually a buck can service 20-25 does in a single breeding season. For pregnant does, farmers should provide 300 gm of concentrate feed comprising a mixture of groundnut cake, fish meal, rice, bran and mineral salts.The gestation period usually lasts for 147-149 days. It is advisable to keep pregnant does in separate enclosures with straw bedding and fresh water. In case of any difficulty during delivery of lambs immediate veterinary attention is necessary. As soon the lamb is born the mucous on its face and nostrils should be removed to help breathing. The newborn lamb is to be fed with its mother's milk immediately. Lactation period usually lasts for four months. In a well-maintained flock, healthy does yield about one and half litre of milk daily. In case the mother dies, foster does, that are in milking, may be allowed to feed the lamb.In the absence of any milking doe, cow or buffalo's milk may be fed to the lamb using a rubber teat. Generally mortality in kids is ten per cent and in adults 5-10 per cent.

Kirti

this is regarding goat farming , iam inthe process of buying some agri land near mangaon [maharastra] about 25 acers. i would like to buy good breed goats of the farm from rajistan for bakri eid that is 2008 december like to buy big goats then sell them next year.can u advice pls thanks

pls advice and help if ur in bombay

6. #6 milking machines for goats 
    Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smfrance View Post
    if i keep 1000 goats in my farm what would be my costs during the next 24 months.what is the average mortality rate.what is the cost of keeping a goat in my farm per day.thanking you beforehand.smfrance.
    DEAR SIR,
    WE ARE MANUFACTURER OF MILKING MACHINES WITH DIFFRENT MODELS ACCORDING TO HERD SIZE OF THE FARM.
    WE ARE MANUFACTURING ONE CAN CLUSTER MILKING MACHINE TO EIGHT CAN CLUSTER MILKING MACHINES THAT MEANS EIGHT MILKING AT A TIME.

YOU CAN CONTACT US:-

AJAY PANCHAL
    DIRECTOR
    MILKWELL MILKNG MACHINES AND SYSTEMS
    M/S SWASTIK ENTERPRISES
    78-B,STREET-3,R.K.PURAM,KUNJPURA ROAD, KARNAL,HARYANA,INDIA
    +919416003826
    +919416951756
    +184-2273826 FAX
    milkwellindia@gmail.com

7. #7 SM France 

Dear Mr. SM France,
    Ur thread appeared in Oct 2007, regarding Goat farming.
    I am also interested in the same.
    i want to know about its economics.
    Have u started?
    thanks,
    ezra

Quote Originally Posted by smfrance View Post
    Perhaps this might help you.
    Last edited by Ritika; October 22nd, 2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Only Business members are allowed to post URLs. Please click "Upgrade" to become a Business member

Dear kirti,
    Can U plz specify some reasons why people quit goat farming.According to me 40% goat farm people are looking for buyer.

goat farming is really profitable. i already send some details to your private message for your perusal. please make use of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast