Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

GIR Cows dairy farm - questions

Register

Click Here!

ganapathib

Hello,

I have a Jersey/HF dairy farm with 20 cattle. I am in the process of setting up one more dairy farm. After attending Subhash Palekar's workshop last week, i would like to explore the possibility of setting up a GIR cows farm.

1) What is the behaviour of the cows ? Jersey/HF are of soft nature and easy to manage.

2) Can we use milking machine to milk GIR cows ?

3) While milking , is there a need to bring the calf near the cow ? For how long (after calving) this has to happen ? only first few months of the milking period or whole of milking period ?

4) Milk yield : What is the typical milk yield ?

5) What is the variation in the milk yield (month on month)? from calving till it becomes dry ?

7) After calving, within how many months , the cows can be inseminated again ? Can we follow artificial insemination method ?

8) Please let me know any GIR cow farm around Bangalore-Mysore region.

Many thanks,
-Ganapathi Bhat

somkar

Hello,

I have a Jersey/HF dairy farm with 20 cattle. I am in the process of setting up one more dairy farm. After attending Subhash Palekar's workshop last week, i would like to explore the possibility of setting up a GIR cows farm.

1) What is the behaviour of the cows ? Jersey/HF are of soft nature and easy to manage.

2) Can we use milking machine to milk GIR cows ?

3) While milking , is there a need to bring the calf near the cow ? For how long (after calving) this has to happen ? only first few months of the milking period or whole of milking period ?

4) Milk yield : What is the typical milk yield ?

5) What is the variation in the milk yield (month on month)? from calving till it becomes dry ?

7) After calving, within how many months , the cows can be inseminated again ? Can we follow artificial insemination method ?

8) Please let me know any GIR cow farm around Bangalore-Mysore region.

Many thanks,
-Ganapathi Bhat
tO
bHAT
gIR SAHIWAL COWS R DOCILE
UR MANAGEMNT MAKES THEM TO ADJUST TO MILKING MACHINE
32 POINTS FOR SUCCESSFUL DAIRY FARMING ESSENTIAL
MILK RANGES FROM 2000-3000 LITRES PER LACTATION
COWS R 2 B INSEMINATED AND MADE PREGNANT IN 60 DAYS
RGDS
DR .YOGI 09822194289