Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Banana Farming

Register

Click Here!

ramanrampaul

Hi Experts,

I am new to farming. I am actually in to IT profession. But because of non usability of my farm lands back in my village i want to get into advanced agriculture farming. So i need your expert advice before i start anything. One of agri consultant recommend me to go for banana farming. So please tell me before getting into anything good, what things i need to do take care off like soil testing etc etc. What should i start with 1) mushroom farming 2) banana farming 3) rose agriculture or any other farming you recommend.

Regards,
Raman

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hi Raman,

Yes...Soil Testing will be helpful to know what deficiency is there or what crops can be grown can also be decided...

You need the following:
1. Water
2. Power to operate the motors (Either Electricity or Solar or other means)
3. Good Soil

Mushroom Farming needs only small area but constant labour is required to maintain...
Banana Farming is a medium term crop, needs lot of water but money can be made
Rose Agriculture is a good investment only if you have Green House/Poly House type model

Since the information related to the available land (in acres) is not available, not sure what to recommend.

Also, consider how much time, money and other things can you spare....

Best bet would be to read blogs like mine to understand and come to a decision. Even if you go for a consultant, you may need to know what to ask him and whether he is giving the right advice can be gauged only if you have some basic knowledge.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody