Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Natural (Live) Fencing options

Register

Click Here!

rrkallepa

I am looking for a natural (live) fencing options for my farm. Kindly advise suitable plants that can be used as fencing for my farm... I am looking for economical options...

Thanks

akhil_2222

Suggestions for the live fencing.
The purpose of live fencing is arresting the intruders both humans and animals into the farm by natural way.

1. Plant Gachhakaya (Caesalpinia crista), Linn. The seeds of this plant is used as an vermifuge. This very thorny plant is good as a fencing where it will deter any intruder. Once entangled in the thorns one has no other choice but to back up. For every two feet put one plant. Pinch it at 2feet height, once it attains 3 ft growth. Then it spreads and flushes with good vegetation.
2. Plant bamboo for every 10 feet and irrigate it regularly. You can find thorny bamboos for this purpose. Plant along with border/boundary of your farm land and irrigate it. Bamboo responds very well with irrigation.
many farmers are following these suggestions useful and benifiting from it.
For more info visit this link:

Print Page - Natural/Live Fencing

shankar61

Fresh Karaunda seeds (Carissa carandas .. करोंदा, Vakkay, Kilaakkaai/கிலாக்காய்) required for live fencing in Tamil Nadu - approx 30 kgs.
I'd appreciate inputs from Forum members in this regard.
Best Regards,
SShankar