Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Plantation RED LADY TAIWAN 786 PAPAYA

Register

Click Here!

vnpatil

Hello,
Dear Sir/Madam,
My place Comes In Coastal Region(Konkan) in Maharashtra, India. can you tell me Planting of RED LADY TAIWAN 786 PAPAYA is suitable in my region. If yes, then Please give me Proper Guideline of Plantation RED LADY TAIWAN 786 PAPAYA in 2 acres plot.

kirti s

hello Sir
RED LADY TAIWAN Papaya requires less area per plant, comes to fruiting in a year, is easy to cultivate and provides more income/ha next to banana.
About 250-300g seeds are sufficient for a hectare. The seedlings can be raised in nursery-beds 3m long, 1m wide and 10cm high as well as in pots or polythene bags. The seeds should be sown 1cm deep in rows 10cm apart and covered with fine compost or leaf-mould. Light watering should be done with watercan in the morning.

tender seedlings should also be protected from heavy rainfall. Dusting of insecticides to protect the seedlings against insect pests is also advised. Damping off is most serious disease. Treating seeds with 0.1% Monosan (phenyl mercury acetate), Ceresan, Agrosan or Thiram dust before sowing is the best preventive measure to check it. The nursery-beds should also be treated with 5% formaldehyde solution before sowing. If disease appears in the nursery, Bordeaux mixture (1%) or copper oxychloride (0.2%) should be sprayed.

Papaya is planted during spring (February- March), monsoon (June- July) and autumn (October- November). Spring planting is done in areas where the climatic condition is mild throughout the year. Monsoon planting is preferred in the frost-prone areas, and autumn planting generally done in the regions where the rainfall is high and virus problem is acute in rainy season.

Since papaya does not withstand waterlogging, a well-drained upland should be selected for its cultivation. Its plants are also sensitive to strong winds
The seedlings are planted in pits of 60cm x נ60cm x נ60cm size. The pits are dug about 15 days before in summer and filled with top soil along with 20kg farmyard manure, 1kg neem or karanj cake and 1kg bone-meal or fish-meal. Tall and vigorous varieties are planted at greater spacing, while medium and dwarf ones at closer spacing.

Planting distance is determined by the integration of light interception, cultivar and economic consideration. A spacing of 1.8m x נ1.8m is normally followed for most of the cultivars

harishbs

Hi

Generally Papaya is not grown in coastal climate since it is a tropical plant

Even if you want to grow you have to consider following

1. Soils with very good drainage (Since Papaya is very sensitive to water)
2. You can go for raised bed system of planting

As an expert I do not recommend Papaya for coastal climate

You can try in very small area before expansion.

Regards
Harish

iiht

PAPAYA RED LADY 786 SEED SUPPLIER ,PAPAYA PLANT , PAPAYA SEED www.nafeesnursery.com

We are one live plant exporter from north india & bulk fruit plant supplier from malihabad lucknow with quality control.

Nafees Nursery

HOME DELIVERY AVAILABLE PLANTS, SEEDS , COMPOST ETC.

1.Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Govt of India.(APEDA)

2.Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India.(ASSOCHAM)

Sir

Inform to all we have bulk quantity papaya red lady 786 seed & direct import from Taiwan.

intrastate parson call me or send me email ............................................

Last edited:

ravigowda7

I am started for caltivation and now I'm putting papaya so please tell the market where I want go for selling at good price