Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy Farming in Bihar

Register

Click Here!

vikas2012lpu

Hello,
I want to start dairy farming in saharsha north Bihar. Please advice me all prospects related to dairy farming like government scheme required minimum investment scope and future in Bihar.
i am awaited your response
thanks
Vikas Singh

Ashwini

Hi Vikas,

Initially please get a training at NDRI. You will get to know most of the practical aspects of dairy farming. Then try to visit 2 or 3 farms before you invest yourself. Start with 5-6 cows and then slowly expand. Then check the technical feasibility of the project , economic feasability and distance from market, demand for milk in that area, any other dairy farms surrounding.

These are the basic things you need to consider.

Government subsidies are provided for dairy farming . You can start a dairy farm either with buffalo or cow. Government subsidy is available under DEDS for establishment of small dairy units with graded buffaloes upto 10 animals or crossbred cows/ indigenous descript milch cows like Sahiwal, Red Sindhi, Gir, Rathi etc. Margin money is only 10% of project cost. You should apply through state animal husbandry department . Contact concerned veterinary officer of your block for the purpose. To know more about DEDS scheme, profit & other details you can visit website Animal Husbandry

Regards
Ashwini S

mint

Hello ashwin I want to start dairy farm in jharkhand jamshedpur my shed are ready I want to know which cow n buffalo breed is good for dis place n where would I get it plz let me know sir.

azam0095

Hello,I want to start dairy farming in siwan Bihar. Please advice me all prospects related to dairy farming like government scheme required minimum investment scope and future in Bihar.
i am awaited your response
thanks
Mohammad jahangir azam