Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat Farming near Palani (Dindugul Dt.)

Register

Click Here!

muthukumaar03

Hello,
I am Muthukumar from Doha,Qatar.Basically i am a mechanical engineering professional working in Oil & Gas field here in qatar.
My native place is Palani.I have no agricultural background.But I am so interested in this field and i just want to be an OWN BOSS for myself.
I am planning to set-up a small goat farm (initially) in palani or nearby village areas.I am having following basic queries in my mind.
1.Does the climatic conditions have effects in the goat farming process? Is palani the suitable place for goat farming?
2.How mcuh is the total area of land required including land for fodder cultivation?(if suppose to plan for 25 goats initially and expand it to max.100 in future)
3.Which gov.dept in palani or dindugul district should i need to contact?
4.what is the break even point? (becoz i am planning to take only a year break from my field and get involved in this farm)

I would request all the members of this forum to suggest or give your valuable opinions.
thanks
-Muthu-
(I am a slow walker but i never walk backwards)

smy82482

1.yes the climatic conditions affects a great impact in goat farming.So you have to choose the right breed which can get easily adaptable to change i n any climatic conditions.Every place is suitable for goat farming,if you have enough green fodder in your surrounding.
2.For 25 goats you requires at least one acre of highly fertile land to cultivate the fodder for 365 days.
3.You have to contact the animal husbandry department of your districts.
4.1year,probably depends on your goat farming practices how you manage them.
For more details on goat farming,visit the longest thread of this forum-Goat Farm Solutions.
regards,
Dr.shaikh

samydoss

Dear Mr.Muthu Kumar,

I am a Retired Bank Executive, having 32 years of service in commercial banking. Now, after retirement, I opted to goat farming as this is one among the few agri related venture, giving good profit. I started my farm with 50 animals during Feb.2013, and now well settled.

1. Climatic conditions have effects. We have to choose the breed which are suitable to our area. Palani is suitable for goat farming and Thalassery, Kanni breeds survive well.
2. Initially, go for 50 animals, which is viable. Below this number is not viable, if we engage a labour to look after the farm.

3. Why u want to contact Govt. Dept? If you are very particular to get a subsidy of Rs.25000/-, we have to spend more of our precious time . You can contact either Animal Husbandry Dept or Veterinary Dept, after establishing the farm.

4. The break even point depends on the age of the animals purchased. If you buy animals aged 12 months, the break even point will be 18 months from the date of purchase of animals.

P.SAMYDOSS
VANAVIL GOAT FARM
Pattiveeranpatti.624211
Dindigul District.
vanavilgoat@rediffmail.com
73 73 76 11 22

Last edited:

visar

Goats with Hydroponics

Hi,
Firstly congratulations for such a thinking.

I run a goat farm and am implementing one more farm near Dindugal. The most challenging aspect is the availability of fodder. We have solved it by growing fodder through Hydroponics.

I can help u to establish the goat farm and the hydroponics facility. The temperature and humidity are important. But they are manageable to some extent. The goat farm breakeven is very low and the investments are also not much.

I am also a buyer of goats and seller of goats. Any goats available in Dindugal area or Pollachi or Palghat, I am a buyer. Any quanitity, we can buy on cash.

regards

Ayappan Ramamurthy

drsarkar

Dear Mr. Ayappan Ramamurthy ,
If you want any quantity to buy on cash basis with different breeds of Goats like Sirohi , Jamunapari , Barbari , Karouli , then plz contact us for 100 - 2000 Goats per month with terms and conditions .. Plz send me your contact details with phone no. also by PM .

gowrish

sri goat farms

sir we have a goat farm in cumbum..we mainly deal with thalachery goats. we also hav boyer,sirohi,karouli. we can sell pure breed of thalachery..
with regsrds,
L.Gowri shankar.
98439 99899.

gowrish

sir,
we are running sri goat farms at cumbum. we have thalachery breed, and boyer to thalachery cross,boyer, sirohi,karouli. we are now planning to install hydroponic fodder system. we can sell goats as per ur needs. pls check our website also.
with regards,
L.gowri shankar
98439 99899
Sri Goat Farm

aasim03

Hydroponics

Dear Mr. Ayyappan

I am an NRI, have plan start up a goat farm and presently studying the various factors and concerns. Hydroponics systems sound interesting though, i would like to visit a existing system. Is it possible to arrange during sometime in this October?

yousufaasim@hotmail.com

reg

Yousuf

Hi,
Firstly congratulations for such a thinking.

I run a goat farm and am implementing one more farm near Dindugal. The most challenging aspect is the availability of fodder. We have solved it by growing fodder through Hydroponics.

I can help u to establish the goat farm and the hydroponics facility. The temperature and humidity are important. But they are manageable to some extent. The goat farm breakeven is very low and the investments are also not much.

I am also a buyer of goats and seller of goats. Any goats available in Dindugal area or Pollachi or Palghat, I am a buyer. Any quanitity, we can buy on cash.

regards

Ayappan Ramamurthy

gowrish

hydroponic

dear ayyapan sir,
we are planning to set up a hydroponic unit in cumbum. whether its podsible to see ur hydroponic farm and get some help.

with regards,
L.Gowri shankar
Sri Goat Farm

aasim03

Goat farm in Kadayanallur

Dear Sir

I am Civil Engineer working abroad. I am thinking for long time now to start a goat farm in my place Kadayanallur near Tenkasi. Actually Kadayanallur has boundary with western chat - acchan puthur, puliarai, kasidarmam (there is plenty water, this places are wet during most of the month in year . Another boundary is opposite to that which dry but has rain and water down the ground where i have land.

- I have barren land of 5 acres with certainly not plenty of water but to depends on bore water and little of well water. Presently 200 hundred coconut trees and banana cultivation in 60 cents is ongoing

- Is the fodder cultivation require plenty of water and highly fertile land?

- In such case is my land suitable for Goat farming?

I really appreciate your honest contribution in this agri thread. Your valuable advise may take this matter further.

reg

Yousuf

Dear Mr.Muthu Kumar,

I am a Retired Bank Executive, having 32 years of service in commercial banking. Now, after retirement, I opted to goat farming as this is one among the few agri related venture, giving good profit. I started my farm with 50 animals during Feb.2013, and now well settled.

1. Climatic conditions have effects. We have to choose the breed which are suitable to our area. Palani is suitable for goat farming and Thalassery, Kanni breeds survive well.
2. Initially, go for 50 animals, which is viable. Below this number is not viable, if we engage a labour to look after the farm.

3. Why u want to contact Govt. Dept? If you are very particular to get a subsidy of Rs.25000/-, we have to spend more of our precious time . You can contact either Animal Husbandry Dept or Veterinary Dept, after establishing the farm.

4. The break even point depends on the age of the animals purchased. If you buy animals aged 12 months, the break even point will be 18 months from the date of purchase of animals.

P.SAMYDOSS
VANAVIL GOAT FARM
Pattiveeranpatti.624211
Dindigul District.
vanavilgoat@rediffmail.com
73 73 76 11 22[/QUOTE]

aasim03

Contact Details

Please provide your contact details phone or email

reg

Yousuf

Dear Mr. Ayyappan

I am an NRI, have plan start up a goat farm and presently studying the various factors and concerns. Hydroponics systems sound interesting though, i would like to visit a existing system. Is it possible to arrange during sometime in this October?

yousufaasim@hotmail.com

reg

Yousuf