AgricultureInformation.com

Thread: Date Palm cultivation in Tamilnadu

Default Date Palm cultivation in Tamilnadu

Dear Friends

I like to give some information on Date palm cultivation in Tamilnadu.

Now sample planting have given good response in Tamilnadu.

Date palm is a crop whose foot should be under water and head should be under sun.

If you are having any enquiries related to this I can give you the information.

Regards
    Surya Narmada

Dear friends

As a first step I like to give some information on Date Palm Cultivation.

It can be grown in Tamilnadu and places having dry climate.

Farmers can take up this cultivation because there is a continuous demand for dates and now we are importing.

It can be processed in many ways and it is of high nutrrituous importance.

If you are interested in seeing the photos related to date palm cultivation I can sent to your mail

Regards
    Surya Narmada

Dear Friend

Why is it said that datepalms Foot should be i water and head in sun wherein in dry states likes Rajasthan there is no much water but still it is the major palm over there.

Kirti

Dear Friend

In Rajasthan the night temperature is cool and so that it is able to grow. There should be a balanced ambient temperature (temperature of soil)for the crop.

To get quality fruits it needs water and also sun. That is the special criteria of this crop.

Even in Deserts you can able to see date palms near oasis.

This ambient temperature is the most important criteria for fruit crops

Regards
    Surya Narmada

Quote Originally Posted by suryanarmada View Post
    Dear Friends

I like to give some information on Date palm cultivation in Tamilnadu.

Now sample planting have given good response in Tamilnadu.

Date palm is a crop whose foot should be under water and head should be under sun.

If you are having any enquiries related to this I can give you the information.

Regards
    Surya Narmada
    im interested in dates plantation in tamil nadu.i need to contact u .so kindly provide me ur contact number. my number is
    Last edited by moderator A; August 13th, 2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

i am intrested in dates;
    Last edited by moderator A; August 14th, 2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: only business members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

Default Need info

Hi ,

We have planted mangoes saplings in our land near salem, can we plant the date plants inbetween them?... also how many years it will take to yeild?. Please provide your contact number.

Thanks,
    Sri Ram

Default Date palm

The date palm will grow any kind of soil.Very aried conditions of climate is suitable for date palm cultivation.Now the date palm has propagated by tissue culture in London nd the mother culture from Muscut.An account of this the TC date palm gives yield on completion of two and half years.The yield pattern will be minimum 100-150 kilos per season.i.e yearly one yield.The breed of the T C date palm is "Barhee".The colour of the fruit will be yellow with sweet taste.The Barhee date palm fruit really eatable without doing any process.

For more details plz.contact us:

A Sivakumar,
    Priya Nursery Garden,
    Karaikudi-630001,TN
    priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

I have heard that this year the date plants (in Tamilnadu) did not yield any dates due to climatic changes during the flowering season. Is this normal here?

Dear sir,
    Thank u very much for your information regarding Date palm. I belongs to andhra Pradesh state interested to do Date palm plantation. First we wish to see your Garden, requesting your guidelines to go further,,,,,,,,Pl. advise,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanking you,

bhaskarbabu,
    email:bhaskarponnathota@gmail.com