Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

What to grow on my 2 acre farm

Register

Click Here!

srpaa

Dear All

I feel so happy to see such networking sites, I am sure the day is not far when we the Indians will actually leverage on the biggest strength of our farming and we can see our farmers and villages prospering. We are the family of engineers hailing from Kushinagar Uttar Pradesh. we have been away from our roots of agriculture since long. Now post retirement my father has returned to the village and is interested in farming, so that he can keep him self involved and work for the betterment of our village. our village consists mostly of our family relatives, we as the village all out together own high fertile agricultural land of around 200 acres near kushinagar (its high fertile area of northern plains) including our small pie of 2 acres. we want some good ideas to get into some high profit farming that could benefit us and the whole village, any ideas and suggestions are welcomed from the experts. we are open for contract farming.

Regards
Prashant Giri

abhicnr

@srpaa,

I am very happy that you are interested in farming, even i am an engineer and setting up my own tree plantation in 10 acres.
i have no idea about the weather and climate condition in your place because climate condition is very important to slect the crop.
but still i can give you few ideas.
if you have water facility and no long term plans, you can grow "nendra banana", it gives u very good returns.
if you have long term plan one more good idea is tree plantation, check about melia dubia, its the fastest growing tree and the maintainance charge is nothing.
you can grow 900 to 1000 tree with 9 feet spacing b/w trees in your 2 acre. you can sell these trees after 7 to 8 years and as per today's price one tree can be sold at 6000 rs. you can just calculate the final ammount for 1000 tress in 8 years and you can add 7.5% growth in price for every year, it will be arround 9000 per tree after 8 years.
you can grow pepper as an inter crop with this tree.

you can get more information on this tree in the net.

Thank you

Regards
Abhishek.

venkateurs

Sir,
We have melia dubia saplings with us in Mysore-Karnataka. If you plan of planting melia dubia, then u can contact us for saplings. The melia dubia saplings are raised through seed germination. We have also planted melia dubia in our farm.
contact us on this number[9880589787] or mail to [venkateursarun@yahoo.com]

padmanabhan_ganesan

Dear All

I feel so happy to see such networking sites, I am sure the day is not far when we the Indians will actually leverage on the biggest strength of our farming and we can see our farmers and villages prospering. We are the family of engineers hailing from Kushinagar Uttar Pradesh. we have been away from our roots of agriculture since long. Now post retirement my father has returned to the village and is interested in farming, so that he can keep him self involved and work for the betterment of our village. our village consists mostly of our family relatives, we as the village all out together own high fertile agricultural land of around 200 acres near kushinagar (its high fertile area of northern plains) including our small pie of 2 acres. we want some good ideas to get into some high profit farming that could benefit us and the whole village, any ideas and suggestions are welcomed from the experts. we are open for contract farming.

Regards
Prashant Giri
Hi Prashant Giri,

You can visit my blog to get an overview for the kind of ideas you can implement in your land. This is for your personal improvement. The ideas presented in my blog can be implemented by anybody but make sure you chose the crops according to your climatic situation.

While talking about the entire village, you should understand whether all the people in the village own land or not. If not, you should consider helping them by growing cattle related trees, crops so that they can rear cattle and they can get the feed for the cattle from your land or in the land that is not owned by anybody but belongs to goverment (unused) land. This way you can help them indirectly.

Not only this, if you are non-veg people, you can rear other things like fish in ponds or any waterbody that is open to all and you can also employ them in your field for short duration crops like vegetables and they can also become sellers of the crops as well.

There are so many options. Its just a matter of having empathy towards them and find ways and means to improve their livelihood.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody