specialized farm advantages and disadvantages-Author:mr.sijish nambiar
Hi medicinal plants cultivator,
When a farm is organized for the production of a single commodity and this
commodity is the only source of income, the farm is said to be specialized.
The major enterprise contributes more than 50% of the total farm income.
Examples are sugarcane farm, cotton farm, poultry farm, dairy farm, wheat farm etc
1. Better use of land
2. Better marketing
3. Better management
4. Improved skill and efficiency
5. Economical to maintain costly machinery
6. Less requirement of labour
1. Greater risk
2. Soil fertility cannot be maintained
3. By products cannot be fully utilized
4. Income is received once or twice in a year
5. Knowledge about enterprises becomes limited.
for more detalises for specialised farming,condact us:
Last edited by nostradamus; July 17th, 2015 at 12:05 AM.