Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Do you want a small scale Profitable Pure Country Chicken farm?

Register

Click Here!

agrichick

I have been guiding and helping people growing pure country chickens. Please post your requests in this thread and get your questions answered. I had the most stupid questions at my early days. So dont feel shy.... post any questions.

jaycee

Interested in Creating Mango Farm

Hi
Im interested in starting mangoo farm and also Poultry if space is there
Can you please send the details

Regards
JC

agrichick

Hi
Im interested in starting mangoo farm and also Poultry if space is there
Can you please send the details

Regards
JC
Hi Jaycee,

For mango farm, please contact your nearest farmers to have practical knowledge of your soil, weather, best mango for your region. But poultry under mango trees is a awesome combination. Just a small thatched house farm of 20*11 ft with ht 10 ft can house more than 150 adult chicken sleeping at night and rearing outside at day. your shed will cost lesss than rs.20000. buy pure country chicks uniformly of same age. grow for 6 months, sell some and keep 100 as parent stock. they will give you continuous supply of lovely chicks and fresh tasty pure country chicken eggs. You will be having the best time in your life rearing these small fellows. first plant the mango trees and then after some months shed. thats it. your feed cost will be 50% due to free ranging.

Hope this will help,
Sakthivel,
Rudras Breeders
follow us at http://www.facebook.com/rudrasbreeders

http://www.twitter.com/rudrasbreeders
visit our blog at PIONEERS IN ORIGINAL KADAKNATH CHICKEN
call us at 0994330061

hajira

Hi Jaycee,

For mango farm, please contact your nearest farmers to have practical knowledge of your soil, weather, best mango for your region. But poultry under mango trees is a awesome combination. Just a small thatched house farm of 20*11 ft with ht 10 ft can house more than 150 adult chicken sleeping at night and rearing outside at day. your shed will cost lesss than rs.20000. buy pure country chicks uniformly of same age. grow for 6 months, sell some and keep 100 as parent stock. they will give you continuous supply of lovely chicks and fresh tasty pure country chicken eggs. You will be having the best time in your life rearing these small fellows. first plant the mango trees and then after some months shed. thats it. your feed cost will be 50% due to free ranging.

Hope this will help,
Sakthivel,
Rudras Breeders
follow us at http://www.facebook.com/rudrasbreeders

http://www.twitter.com/rudrasbreeders
visit our blog at PIONEERS IN ORIGINAL KADAKNATH CHICKEN
call us at 0994330061
hi, interested in breeding country chickens kindly tell me the details for breeding and also the feeds,

brownt

Hello, can you post some pics of your pure country chickens! Also, what is your rate? Thanks.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Caralluma

Last edited:

agrichick

Hi Hajira,
Breeding country chickens is the most easiest if you have a good free sapce and little number of chicken and a sleeping shed for them.

To be accurate, we suggest a shed space of 2.5 square feet for country chicken to be bred always inside the farm or a shed space of 1.5 square feet if the country chicken in going to be free ranged.

We lost a lot of money initially buying feed. I will be polite here; These feed manufactures are mostly suguna, skm, godrej. They sell the feed at a cost which ordinary small farmers cant afford. also they dont display the feed ingredients and actual protein, fat, calcium-phosphorus ratio, energy levels, vit-min levels and have no other certification from government.

So after losing so much of our hard earned cash, I got enlightened one day!!! :)

I started observing country chickens going all over my near by villages. They were growing chickens so effortlessly. It was then I realized, that the knowledge of chicken rearing I learnt about broilers was the main hindrance to country chicken growing.

Any Pure breed of country chickens knows what he/she wants. These fellows are really intelligent. They just eat what is tasty, healthy, alive, fresh. Please dont ask me why they drink dirty waters in streets :) :)

So I started giving them a mix of fresh spinach by buying at low prices from the farm, coriander leaves in big bags, waste fruit pulp from Juice shops, sprouted grains, mashed corn, sorghum and free ranging them. They gained low weight due to free ranging them. I dont care. I am not to fatten them. The eggs tasted very much tasty after that.

So feeding them depends on your choice. If you find the above crude process a lot of work, you have a choice!

Also I would like to state some batches of our early chickens raised with company feeds gave good result and with same feed, the next batch faced problems due to high dried fish content.

If you are serious about country chickens, build a small farm to hold 50/100 chickens initially and buy pure country chickens to hatch their own chicks or buy pure country chicks for uniform chick development and sell them at the same time and clean your farm afterwards. Then replenish your chick stocks.

Last edited:

afsfarm

Hi..

I have been planning on starting up my poultry farm. I am a newbie in this. I need all the info you can provide me from where to buy chicks to feeds to selling them. Can i get training somewhere?

aasim03

Country Chicks - diseas

Dear Mr. Sakhti,

I really appreciate your volunteering in this cause! I am none but an NRI who just start to think about a farm business; While seeking your honorable advice to set up a country chicks farm in a corner along with sheep or goat farm in another corner, I would further request you kindly to enlighten me on the disease and cures for country chicks. yousufaasim at hotmail dot com

Many thanks and regards

Yousuf

kumkumraj

I have been guiding and helping people growing pure country chickens. Please post your requests in this thread and get your questions answered. I had the most stupid questions at my early days. So dont feel shy.... post any questions.
Hi sakthivel,

Iam from bangalore, i gather informations like day one chick rprice,15day old chick price, feeding period, feed price, even attended training.

I visited some farms also, some person says to get local country chicks & rear it, some is saying there is no country chicks breader in karnataka,so we have to go to tamilnadu,but there is possibilities of mixing giriraja & country chicks.

I need ur suggestion & feedback in this either i have to buy local countrychicks & rear it then selling or can i take risk of getting country chicks fram TN?

May i know the possible symptons of diseases due to heat or cold, can i know the remedies to take care..
Will u help me in this or will u help me in finding the right person over here..

As u said i have much more silly question sorry to interrupt u.

Waiting for ur reply.
please share ur reply to my personal id also

Regards,
G.kumkumraj

Last edited by a moderator:

issa007

informetion about chikan poultry farm

sir i m new in poultry farming i want to know how to start poultry farming so will u pls help me to how to start i m from India Maharashtra.

Last edited by a moderator:

chunilal

advised

Sir I have 4000sq land with bild up shade .& I am interested in chicken farming .So plz give me advised about ,what can I do? Raply on email .Thankful

shashankgopal

dear sir,
ive started country chicken farming by 300 chickens . ive started feeding them with pre starter feeds . after one month im planing to leave it out in a secured area and feed them with only green leaves and weeds with little feeds . ur seggestion to dis ??

agrichick

country chicken farming

dear sir,
ive started country chicken farming by 300 chickens . ive started feeding them with pre starter feeds . after one month im planing to leave it out in a secured area and feed them with only green leaves and weeds with little feeds . ur seggestion to dis ??
Pre starter till one month. Then go for starter till two three month. Leaving out for foraging is advisable only if you have lots of grass in an acre in your case. Grow azolla and Lucerne.

mohan_bujee

hello sir,

I like to start country chicken farm , but iam confused to choose the chicks , someone says to buy chicks from tamil nadu vetrinary which is cross bread named as namakkal 1 which can get more profit nu and they can farm with in the building nu , someone says dont select that namakkal1 chick because its not pure country chick you cant sell the chicken for good price and no one is going to buy that chicken so buy the pure country chicks which is breed by pure country hens in village side nu, Plz tell me which one is best for selling in tamil nadu , Plz tell me there is wanted for that cross bread named as namakkal 1? if so plz send me the buyers details.

kastkaar

Hello,
sir/madam
i am an Agriculture graduate and strongly willing to start agri. supporting enterprises, specally a poultry farm. because of lower input.
i have a 4 acre of farm, also a 1600 sq.ft of plot/land , Road touch and 10km near from main city.
sir/madam wt should i do plz suggest me...
thank u

hareesh_m

Dear sir, 1 country chicken will lay how many eggs and how many chicks will hatch suc

Dear sir, 1 country chicken will lay how many eggs and how many chicks will hatch succcessfully,can we grow intensive farming the country chickens with feed,what willl be the feed required for chick from day one.

chikuy2kin

Pure Country Hen Farming

I'm Intrested in Pure Country Hen farming. Need to know the cost for the setup.
Intension is to Supply Country Eggs. Can any one help me

muruganm82

Hi
I am planning to start country chicken farm,i have 2acr land.please guide how much amount need to start country chicken farm and how benefits will get and what are things needed?please provide more information

kumar_siddappa

Hi Guys ,

Planning to use my farm in better way and start a free range country chickens .

I have 1.10 acers of land in Nelamangala(Karnataka ) , where i have cultivated Arcanut , Coconut , Guava and few Mango trees .

Need a day old puri nati chicks . I am planning to start with 100 chicks first . Where i can get the day old chicks in Karnataka ? or should i go to other place to get the puri nati chicks

Thanks
Kumar.S
kumarchickens@gmail.com