Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Interested in farming and looking for lands in Southern India. 50K to 1 Lakh/Acre

Register

Click Here!

pradev

Greetings,

To brief about us, we have been in IT for more than a decade and kind of feeling stressed out in our careers to continue doing with we have done. With the 'out look', 'level of confidence' we have gained so far and the curiousity in 'learning new things as we go' making us think towards getting into farming and ditch our current career. We are a group of folks in late 30s and feel enthusiastic in farming which our forefathers and fathers did to bring/help us to get to where we are today.

We welcome suggestions recommendations in every step from qualified Agriculturists and Sr. members like you. We have heard that the potential lands within our range could be found in the southern states like TN, Karanataka, and AP but not sure which areas are good to meet our interests to pin point them on the map. So we humbly request all of you to provide inputs in helping us directing to the right location. We need your KNOWLEDGEABLE AND INFORMED inputs becuase if we picked the wrong spot it would be hard thing to undo and could be a life time thing to revert that has already been done.

Our long term goal is that our desires and objectives towards farming should help provide GREEN employment to the local people and at the same time feel the gist of fundamentals of ECONOMY and try to give a true meaning of our existance on the planet of earth. We have a lot of things in our mind to produce right from Paddy, Fruits, Vegetables, Dairy etc... and move on and further diversify to make the best out of the mystery of our planet earth.

Below are the things that we are looking:

1).40 to 50 acres of Farm land to buy.
2).With great water resource
3).with Great soil type and 4).Accessability to the land.

If you think you have any land that suits to our requirements please respond and We would like to see your responses to address the above 4 points in detail.

Thank you for taking time to read our interests.

Dev and Friends.
please contact......

Last edited:

antony_pratap

Hi,
Land in dharmapuri dist 80K-3Lacs/acre upto 1lac/acre will be barren/virgin land with no well/bore or electricity. which can be made avaialbe, sufficient water at 60-70 ft well.

Contact for further details thru private msg.

Thanks,
Antony

pradeep1ganu

go by the process

Greetings,
Do not buy a land directly
instead take a farm site or company on lease and run it for atleast 2 years
till you go for land
first form an agrotech company
and start one step at a time
pradeepgany

To brief about us, we have been in IT for more than a decade and kind of feeling stressed out in our careers to continue doing with we have done. With the 'out look', 'level of confidence' we have gained so far and the curiousity in 'learning new things as we go' making us think towards getting into farming and ditch our current career. We are a group of folks in late 30s and feel enthusiastic in farming which our forefathers and fathers did to bring/help us to get to where we are today.

We welcome suggestions recommendations in every step from qualified Agriculturists and Sr. members like you. We have heard that the potential lands within our range could be found in the southern states like TN, Karanataka, and AP but not sure which areas are good to meet our interests to pin point them on the map. So we humbly request all of you to provide inputs in helping us directing to the right location. We need your KNOWLEDGEABLE AND INFORMED inputs becuase if we picked the wrong spot it would be hard thing to undo and could be a life time thing to revert that has already been done.

Our long term goal is that our desires and objectives towards farming should help provide GREEN employment to the local people and at the same time feel the gist of fundamentals of ECONOMY and try to give a true meaning of our existance on the planet of earth. We have a lot of things in our mind to produce right from Paddy, Fruits, Vegetables, Dairy etc... and move on and further diversify to make the best out of the mystery of our planet earth.

If you think you have any land that suits to our requirements please respond and We would like to see your responses to address the above 4 points in detail.

Dev and Friends.
please contact......
till you go for land
pradeepgany
Please contact.........

Last edited by a moderator:

veerakanth

before doing agriculture think twice which plant u r going to choose

PlantIRRBCRAssessment Period
AnolaThe IRR works out to 27.78 BCR to 2.2over a period of 15 years
MangoThe IRR works out to 32.59 BCR to 1.9over a period of 15 years
AppleThe IRR works out to 23 BCR to 1.6
BananaThe IRR works out to 16.96 BCR to 1.6over a period of 5 years
GuavaThe IRR works out to 19.92 BCR to 1.1over a period of 5 years
OrangeThe IRR works out to 18.1 BCR to 1.2over a period of 15 years
PapayaThe IRR works out to 28.37 BCR to 2.5over a period of 5 years
SapotaThe IRR works out to 16.57 BCR to 1.3over a period of 10 years
PineappleThe IRR works out to 24.77BCR to 1.6over a period of 5 years
LitchiThe IRR works out to 28.85 BCR to 2.2over a period of 15 years
BerThe IRR works out to 29.42 BCR to 2.2over a period of 15 years
PomegranateThe IRR works out to 39.24 BCR to 2.5over a period of 15 years
StrawberryThe IRR works out to 45.07 BCR to 1.1
KiwiThe IRR works out to 24.19 BCR to 1.7over a period of 15 years
Lemon GrassThe IRR works out to 23.68 BCR to 1.4over a period of 10 years
MintThe IRR works out to 27.50BCR to 1.6over a period of 5 years
PatcholiThe IRR works out to 27.23BCR to 1.5over a period of 5 years
Button MushroomThe IRR works out to 26.4BCR to 1.3over a period of 10 years
Oyster MushrromThe IRR works out to 17.14BCR to 1.1over a period of 10 years

Internal rate of return (IRR)The internal rate of return on an investment or potential investment is the annualized effective compounded return rate that can be earned on the invested capital.
Benefit to Cost Ratio(BCR)A ratio attempting to identify the relationship between the cost and benefits of a proposed project.

use the above crop for short term and Tissue culture teak plantation for longterm(IRR 25)

jimcarry

Dont Buy Lands

brother Pradev
i am venkat ,IT guy ,invested into lands in andhra with passion like you .
appreciate your interest. my sincere suggestion is dont buy lands at this stage. take lands@10,000 to 15,000 lease ,yearly with water facility anywhere in southern india . may be instead of buy 40 acres , you can go for 100 acres lease ,gain experience for at least one year . can do all kind of experiments ( commercial/non commercial crops ) . last but not least being an IT Professional, dont expect Economics work out here . its really tough for farmers caz of Govt policies and Improper administration . you can buz me at any time for my experiences.

veerakanth

choose the right material

Hi,

I am also a IT guy.
Economics will not workout in agricultre. But before doing your project which plant you are going to do is important.

Check out the following risk factors:
1.Which plant are you going to cultivate.
2.Choosing the right planting material
3.Water resource.
4.Soil type for the right plant.
5.Labour Maintenance(now a days labour is a main risk factor)
6.Direct inspection
7.Market demand
8.Cost estimation
9.Transportation
10.Security

Regards,
Veerakanth

skthoma

Hi Dav

Hi DAV,

I am brought up in an agriculture family, but know very little about agriculture.
If you are interested to buy land in our area, Karnataka you can get good land at 2laks/acer and above which is good for rubber cultivation, aracnut, coconut and cashew.
Please free to contact me
All the advices below by our fellow friends are very true.
Regards
Thomas

jkantharaj

Agriculture

Dear IT Friends,

I feel happy that educated class realizes that Agri work will give them the peace of mind and real happiness, yes it will. But do not think that its an easy job. Genuine dedication is required, once you all have taken a decision, stick to it and dont allow yourself to be carried away by adverse comments about agriculture by illiterate ( well educated ) donkeys.

You have to go in for Natural Farming, where you do not allow even a grain a chemical manures or pesticides to enter the land / farm, though the yeild intially will be less, it will pick up soon, moreoever you & your family will be eating non poisonous food stuff and will be supplying the same to your community. Desi cow's dung and urine are God's gift to farmers, but in the name of Green Revolution and White Revolution, scoundrels ( Politicians and Agri Scientists ) have ruined our lands and our local breeds. What these scoundrels had given to the nation are the following to name a few :-youngsters suffering with Diabetics / Impotency / Heart complications etc etc

Come forward and acquire lands, be prepared to slog in the fields, and use only God given natural things ( cost free ) as manures and pesticides, and then one day you will realize that you have done something great & will be praised by right minded people.

Warm Regards
J. Kantharaj

kbravikumar

Well Said

Well said kantharaj. I am also a IT guy ( basically from Tirunelveli - Tamilnadu ). It is very important that we should take care of our land like a mother taking care of its child. My uncle also uses Cows urine for paddy not getting disease.

I would also request Senior Members and members in and around Tirunelveli to give suggestions on the Lands available there, as i am plannning to buy Agri land either for paddy or farms.

Thanks and regards,
Ravikumar

shajathali

Land in Trichy

Hai

I am shajath doing agriculture and land selling. Traditional agricultre is not giving much profit. If people like u come to agri. Sure that a change will come in this field. I have amla plantation in 20 acrs near to trichy dist on the way to chennai, If u want u can see the land have a idea about agri.

It is very important that not only the crop but also the value of the land should increase. It will help to go fot bank and financing. I have land 50 to 75 acrs. 22 kms from Trichy Main Bus terminus cost comes to around 1,75,000 er acre water is in 60 feets.Red soil suitable for all crops. adjacent land is 40 acrs planted with Mangoes well developed. for more details call me
please..

regards
shajath

sureshs

estate in the nilgiris for sale

We can offer you2000 acres in the nilgiris [plantation].

Greetings,

Dev and Friends.
please contact......

Land in Karnataka

Hello Thomas,

On Your reply to Dev and friend and as per your information pls let me know if you can guide me in finding land in south of utter kannada dist or in shimoga district .iam looking for Cheap land in this area at an altitude of 300-400m.

Pls do contact by Email
pls give me your contact details too.

thank you,

S.George

sudhiranjan1959

Organic farming group

We are a group in Bangalore with interest in organic farming,particularly in permaculture and Fukuoka no till farming methods.We are also keen on purchase of land to further our interests.Any one with information source may contact us also please.
Land must be within 100kms from Bangalore.
Cost below 1 lakh per acre.
Please contact me

sree_chari

Land in Trichy

Hi Shajathali,

Can you provide more details about your property Thank you.

Hai

I am shajath doing agriculture and land selling. Traditional agricultre is not giving much profit. If people like u come to agri. Sure that a change will come in this field. I have amla plantation in 20 acrs near to trichy dist on the way to chennai, If u want u can see the land have a idea about agri.

It is very important that not only the crop but also the value of the land should increase. It will help to go fot bank and financing. I have land 50 to 75 acrs. 22 kms from Trichy Main Bus terminus cost comes to around 1,75,000 er acre water is in 60 feets.Red soil suitable for all crops. adjacent land is 40 acrs planted with Mangoes well developed. for more details call me
please..

regards
shajath

skenergy

till you go for land
pradeepgany
Please contact.........
Hi Pradeep,
Whats the idea behind forming a agritech company.
Please suggest.
Regards
SK

futureneeds

Agriculture land for sale near madanapalle, chittoor district

i have many acres of land near Madanapalle, chittoor district. Please contact me........