Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Looking for advise of Farming Lands in Tamil Nadu or Karnataka or Kerala ?

Register

Click Here!

farming_lover

Hi
My grandfather is a great farmer and my parents are city people but my passion for farming didnt stop even i live in Australia . I love farming and still smell beautiful farming soil smell .

I am looking for your expert advise of buying farming land and looking to serve back to my country who have raised me as a good citizen .

I have seen how farming lands are getting destroyed and farmers suiciding i feel very sorry and sad my tears roll down my cheek when someone share those kind of news .

I would like to buy a farming lands ... budget around 25-35 lakhs for the land (total land value).. and i want to pay farmers good salary /labour back... I am not an investor so please advise me accordingly.

azmak

Hi,

There are farming lands which are available under your budget in Tamilnadu, Denakanikotai nearby to Bangalore. Let me know if you are interested.

firo0f2a

sir, Thanks a lot of your passion in agriculture.

Sir, I am Firoz from Wayanad in Kerala. Here I am In agriculture field. Because I like very much this job. I think I can do something for u as u wish. I am already doing cultivation in a 5 acre for one of the director of IBM. I can do everything for you . I mean land purchasing and cultivation. If you are interested please call me for more details. My mobile number 09747800252

Faithfully
FIROZ BHARATHI
Firozbharathi@gmail.com

nand2000

I am an IT guy owning a small farm land, here is my advice based on my experience in past years.

Before buying

1. Decide the place where you want to invest, proximity matters, closer it is, frequently u can visit. If far away 100+km, your visits will eventually get to once a year :)
2. Water source, look for places that are good for water sources, such as bore above 600/800ft is not worth. Study the surroundings.
3. Soil fertility, see what kind of plants/trees can be grown there.
4. Electricity, land leveling, road access is important to consider, else you will end up investing heavily for those. For example, if electric lines are far away, u have to get poles till ur field.

While buying.

1. Go to places, talk to locals, understand their minds. Offer them coffee/tea, they will provide more realistic details on the surrounding areas.
2. Sometime if you are lucky, you can get contact of direct people who are selling, only problem here is they are slow in getting required documents, brokers will usually speed up this process.
3. Brokers will try to cover up hidden facts, you have to be bit careful here. You can trust local farmers, but not brokers.
4. Document verification is a big headache, in my experience 1 out of 5 land doc will be good, rest has some issue or the other.
5. Farmers usually will shy away talking with city people, but once you establish good relation with them, they are just like good friends helping you as family members.

After you bought.

1. You have to hire a servant to look after your farm, here these guys in village are usually lazy, you have to keep instructing every step. In case if you get a smart guy, he will most likely end up cheating ur money in some form or the other. So you need a person, who is hardworking but not so smart, instead royal.
2. You have to build knowledge on farming, do work like a farmer in the field, else you will end up spending money for every small work you want to do in your farm.

One last thing on what you said, farmer suicide, it is actually sad. They suicide mostly due to money launderers. For example, small farmers barrow money for high interest from local money launderer, sometime these poor farmers don't even understand how these interests are calculated. Finally, when interests accumulate 3-4 folds and growing, that's when things turn ugly and end up in disaster.

Wish you buy a good farm land.

Thanks,
Nanda

david_sam

Farm land with in 80km from bangalore

Good to see your passion on agriculture. I have recently acquired farm land near Bangalore , approx. 80km. There are more lands available in these areas. We could work out some farming proposal is you are keen on this. Contact 9962217564. davidsam947@gmail.com

praveen13

Hi sir I have my own land in your budjet in tamilnadu it's around 35kms from Chennai international airport I'm selling it urgent for my higher studies if your interested you can call me to. +91 9498000333 (Praveen)