Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Farm Land without Pani

Register

Click Here!

indusfarm

Hello All,

I am looking to buy agricultural land with an intent to have a fruit orchard and a farmhouse for self use 200 KM from Bangalore radius. Of late with all the reading I have been doing without ancestral ownership of land it is not possible to buy land in your name. In certain scenario I have been told it possible. If the respected forum members could either correct or add to my observation as well as answer some questions that remain unanswered.
1. Buying Coffee/Tea/Rubber estate is possible without a Paani
2. Can I convert the land for residential use - how expensive is this
3. Operate it as a resort is conversion still necessary?

I am sure there a lot of illlegal means to get this done, but will like to pursue only if its inline with the law.

Thank You

mohan789

Hello All,

I am looking to buy agricultural land with an intent to have a fruit orchard and a farmhouse for self use 200 KM from Bangalore radius. Of late with all the reading I have been doing without ancestral ownership of land it is not possible to buy land in your name. In certain scenario I have been told it possible. If the respected forum members could either correct or add to my observation as well as answer some questions that remain unanswered.
1. Buying Coffee/Tea/Rubber estate is possible without a Paani
2. Can I convert the land for residential use - how expensive is this
3. Operate it as a resort is conversion still necessary?

I am sure there a lot of illlegal means to get this done, but will like to pursue only if its inline with the law.

Thank You
Hi indus farm,
The restriction to buy agricultural land is that it can be purchased only by agriculturalist. To prove that you or your immediate relate should have paani in their name to prove that you are an agriculturalist, or your income must be less than two lakh per anum for the immediate preveous five years also considered as agriculturalists.
Regarding coffee/ tea/ rubber etc. are plantation land. anybody can buy it ( provided sufficient mony to be paid)
plantation can be used for residential use. Even agricultural land also can be used for residential purpose.

If you are interested to buy, I have a property in Kodagu, 9 kms from virajpet with all the facilities.I you have a budjet about 1 crore pls cont. mohan.kassamkattu@gmail.com