Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Buying of agricultural land in Maharashtra and other states

Register

Click Here!

angelinat

I want to know how a non farmer can acquire agricultural land in Maharashtra or in any other state.

What is the procedure to get farmer status in Maharashtra or in any other state

amitapan

I want to know how a non farmer can acquire agricultural land in Maharashtra or in any other state.

What is the procedure to get farmer status in Maharashtra or in any other state
You may purchase land in Rajasthan where farmer status is not required to purchase agri land. Once you have farm land 7/12 of Rajasthan then with that proof you can purchase agri land in Maharashtra. There are agents who do this work for you.

If you have time and skill then you can enter into agreement to purchase with a known farmer in Maharashtra and with this agreement apply to collector for his permission to purchase agreement agri land. In this case you have to mention two things.
1) As per Indian Constitution any Indian citizen is free to do any legal activity and earn livelyhood.
2)You should mention you want to enter into profession of agriculture and want to purchase agri land.

They will ask for lot of supporting papers but collector cannot refuse your application without giving any reason.

All the best

Ashok Patel

kolekar

I can tell you about procedure in maharashtra.
1. Buy about 1 acre of non-cultivated (barren) land. This is permissible to a non-agriculturist.
2. Cultivate some grain food. For example, rice or juar. Or at least, plant some fruit trees.
3. Inform talathi, circle officer. They will perform panchnama with photos of the grown crop.
4. Prepare report and forward to tehsildar for his comment/approval and recommendation to appropriate authority who will allot 7/12 abstracts which is a certificate itself as "farmer".

lnjfoods1982

Dear sir/Madam,
Good Day,

with reference to your post Agriculture information.com i came to know about the requirement of land in India,

I am Abhishek k jain from Gwalior MP, i have a agriculture land in gwalior,

Please send me your requirement at abhishekkjain1982@gmail.com so that i can fulfill your requirement.

Looking forward for your kind reply, revert you ASAP.

Sincerely
Abhishek k jain