Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Diary farm in Coimbatore

Register

Click Here!

prabhu006

Friends,

I am a software engineer working in Bangalore and soon would be moving to coimbatore, Tamilnadu and would like to start diary farm with 5-6 cows initially. Can someone suggest how much capital i will need and running cost, how much food (punnakku, thavudu, cotton seed) we will need for each cow per month and its cost. I have 2 acres of land with little water.

deepakmenon82

Iron ore and steam coal

Dear All,

please contact me if anyone is in need of super quality iron ore and steam coal,please put a private message or email me

Regards
Deepak

Last edited by a moderator:

prabhuyadwad

Good Thought

Hi Prabhu ,

I am also interested to set up dairy farming i am also prparing for it

I am also working in MNC in bangalore
I am pasting one link for your ref

It helps to prpare your own project report in dairy farming

A similar Online Project Report Tool for Small Scale (2-20) and Large Scale (20-500) Buffalo Dairy Farms is ready and can be accessed Project Reports - Livestock Production Management

Friends,

I am a software engineer working in Bangalore and soon would be moving to coimbatore, Tamilnadu and would like to start diary farm with 5-6 cows initially. Can someone suggest how much capital i will need and running cost, how much food (punnakku, thavudu, cotton seed) we will need for each cow per month and its cost. I have 2 acres of land with little water.

mrfarm

Friends,

Hi Prabu,
I reply this post because you are a software engineer, Please visit the exiting Diary farm and ask their experience first. Instead of starting a diary farm better start a mineral water plant, please don't think I am discouraging but the reality is like that.people are ready give 16 Rs for 1 litter of bottled water but the milk buyer hesitate to give you 15 Rs/ltr for a litter of milk, you know how much effort you have to put to look after 10 cows and produce 150 Litter of milk,enormous! even if you work a a labor you need one more he will cost you Rs250/day.
if you buy high yielding cow like Holstein Freshen or Pure Jersey, they are vulnerable to disease, HF cows suffer from thermal shock and milk yield would come down.
of course you can produce the green grass and other fodder from your 2 acres land but what about concentrate food? what you wrote about oil cake, bran and cotton all are in high price. as for as I remember when I stared my organic mixed farm in 2000 the oil cake was Rs 8/Kg and the milk price was Rs 9 (by arockya) now the oil cake is Rs 24/Kg and milk is 15 Rs/ltr.
I am a marine electronics engineer and addicted to farming I spend 2month at sea and 2 on farm. I too have cross breed cows 60% is country, I keep this only for dong and urine to enrich the soil. what milk they give the money equals the fodder, labor and maintenance.

Last edited:

garao56

Friends,

if your serious in instarting a 10 aimla dairy farm Please contact the following address for project report :

G. Ananda Rao,

We are very glade to inform you that our company “Greentech Organic Hydroponics Systems” manufacture a unit for the Maize/ Wheat grass fodder production in which you can produce Maize/ Wheat seedling by hydroponics techniques (Soil less culture) so it will ultimately produce microbes free, 100% organic healthy lush green seedlings of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder with less cost and in small area of 8ft x 4ft x 10ft with fully automated system, which can help you to boost up the production of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder in any climate condition with less input cost.

vsvoils

cottton seed cake cattle feed

Dear Sir / Madem

We offer premium quality Cottonseed Oil Cake, which is the solid material remained after extraction of the oil from the cotton seeds. Our Cottonseed Oil Cake contains a large amount of protein and oil, making it highly desirable for animal feed in India.

Cotton seed cake is made from cotton seeds after extracting oil from the cotton seeds. Cotton seed cake is used for animal feed. which is good source of nutrition .It has long been used as a highly economic protein concentrated food for animal feeding. Being a great source of protein, fiber and energy

Specifications: Protein : - 38-40% Max Fibre : - 15% Max Sand & Silica : - 1.5% Max Oil : - Less than 5% Moisture : - 10%Max

Pls feel free contact wit us

Regds,

D.Balaganesan
V.S.V. OIL MILLSS,
Manufacturing Best quality Cotton seed cake and cotton seed oil

22-A,V.S.V.Gardens,
P.Vadugapalayam,
Palladam,
India 641 664

Mobile + 91 8 973 973 973
Tel:+91 4255 254452

follow us on : vsvoils@gmail.com

nilemilk

Milk Dairy is on Rent/Lease in Tamilnadu

Friends,

Hi,
As I want to give my Milk Packing Dairy Plant on lease/rental so if you (or) your friends are interested on the same please contact me at 9787741403/09762007650
Please find below the complete details of the plant and location.
1. Complete details with the list of equipment’s
Milk Can
Milk Crade
Packet Machine
Homogenizer Machine
Head Boiler
Air Compressor
Ammonia Compressor
Curd Machine
Weight Scale
Milk Cylo
Ammonia Receiver
Milk Chiller
Packet Milk Storage Room
ICE Bank Tank
Milk Dump Tank
Lab
Cream Separator

2. Plant Capacity
3000 Ltr/Hour
3. Machines Make rent
• Packing machine - Samarpan
• Air Compressor - ELGI
• Head Boiler - ESS KAY
• Packed Milk Storage Room - Blue Star
• Ammonia Compressor - Frick ammonia compressor
• Milk Chiller - F Max Systems
• ICE Bank Tank Capacity - 25000 LTR.
• Homogenizer - Harvestor.
4. Present condition
• Good Running
5. Last date of stopped the production?
• 13/05/2012
6. The main reason for stopping production?
• I am going to onsite.
7. Profit you are getting per month.
• 3/ltr
8. No. of years of actual usage
9. No. of years of idle (without production)
• N/A
11. Location
MM Dairy Products,
Avinangudi Village & Post,
Tittagudi Taluk , Vridhachalam , Cuddalore District,
Pin – 606112.Tamil Nadu, India

nilemilk

Dear All,

please contact me if anyone is in need of super quality iron ore and steam coal,please put a private message or email me

Regards
Deepak
Hi,
As I want to give my Milk Packing Dairy Plant on lease/rental so if you (or) your friends are interested on the same please contact me at 9787741403/09762007650
Milk Can
Milk Crade
Packet Machine
Homogenizer Machine
Head Boiler
Air Compressor
Ammonia Compressor
Curd Machine
Weight Scale
Milk Cylo
Ammonia Receiver
Milk Chiller
Packet Milk Storage Room
ICE Bank Tank
Milk Dump Tank
Lab
Cream Separator

2. Plant Capacity
3000 Ltr/Hour
3. Machines Make rent
• Air Compressor - ELGI
• Head Boiler - ESS KAY
4. Present condition
• Good Running
• 13/05/2012
• I am going to onsite.
• 3/ltr
• N/A
11. Location
MM Dairy Products,
Avinangudi Village & Post,
Tittagudi Taluk , Vridhachalam , Cuddalore District,
Pin – 606112.Tamil Nadu, India

nilemilk

Dear Mr.Prabhu,

In starting stage its better to keep 10 cows, learn the art of cow farming. Avoid brokers while purchasing cows. Avoid farms too. Imagine i have a farm and you are coming to buy cows. i will give the cows which are non productive or having some incurable disease. Better to go with a reliable farmer friend who knows how to select cows. A fat cow may not give good milk i mean more quantity. Good cows are available at kaverippattinam, near krishnagiri, after hosur, Bangalore- Salem route. You may have to negotiate hard.

You need a cow shed with sloped floor towards the back of the cow. A mild slope for the water to drain (say 1 %). If slope is too much, it will be dangerous for cows, human beings and for pregnant cows. A cow needs a standing place of 2 meter length and 4 feet width apart from the feeding manger in front of the cow 1/2 metre.

You don’t need any special permission from any govt body to start dairy farm. The building (cow shed) needs building permit as per your plan from the local panchayat. There is absolutely no harm in using machines. You will get good, clean, hygienic milk without froth from the machine.

For 10 cows if you need a single can machine 1 or 2 people can manage. Please go after good oil free machines only with pneumatic pulsators. Never go for locally made scrap.
Having a bulk milk cooler is a good idea because milk will not get spoiled. (not recommended for 10 cows). but if you have the facility to sell the milk as soon as it is milked, you don’t have to spend money for buying a cooler. Please do not buy local coolers, buy it from reputed companies only.

Milking machines normally works on electricity and it has a milking can with 30 litre capacity. Buy only good machines with pneumatic oil free pulsator and vacuum pump. We are in that business. It’s better to have generator back up as during milking time you need power back up.

Money is there from the front of the cow ( milk) and back of the cow ( cow dung conversion to organic manure or vermi compost with earthworms- you make vermi compost by leaving good earth worms- its having good demand in places where vegetable cultivation/flowers/coconut/where ever is there chemical fertilizer is used.)

Maintaining buffaloes is good but not recommended for beginners. Keep cows, learn the art of dairying, and then you can venture into buffaloes. They yield less compared to cows, but as the fat percentage in milk is more you may get more money for their milk per litre cost. (Buffalo curd is tastier).

When they become old you dispose it off or give it to some goshala. When they are dry, inseminate them if they are in good health. For any cow dry period is there.

You need a small trolley machine with 30 litre can cluster assembly with oil free pneumatic pulsator. With one can you should be able to milk 10 cows in one hour. For cleaning milking equipment like milking cans you need acid and alkaline detergents. Soap is ruled out as milk will get the smell of soap.

I am importing machines from turkey which is ISO certified and manufactured as per European norms. You may consult a chartered accountant who has experience in preparing agri project reports. I visited turkey last year to learn more on dairy farming.

Drinking bowl ensures that your cow gets good clean drinking water whenever it needs, from the overhead tank. Water starts flowing when cow puts it head inside by the lower jaw of the cow pressing the lever inside the water bowl. A good cow requires about 100 litres of water a day.

Calf bottle- for calves, you can feed required quantity of milk through the feeding bottle. its better to avoid to leave the calves for drinking milk from the cow's udder as it may bite and injure the cow. if pain is there cow will not give you milk.

With Chaff cutter you can cut CO3 grass (which grows up to 7 feet height, may be more too) to small pieces. For 10 cows hand driven is more than enough.

Keep in touch.

Regards

Murali Krishnan
Sri Vinayaka Agencies
Please contact...
Hi,
As I want to give my Milk Packing Dairy Plant on lease/rental so if you (or) your friends are interested on the same please contact me
Milk Can
Milk Crade
Packet Machine
Homogenizer Machine
Head Boiler
Air Compressor
Ammonia Compressor
Curd Machine
Weight Scale
Milk Cylo
Ammonia Receiver
Milk Chiller
Packet Milk Storage Room
ICE Bank Tank
Milk Dump Tank
Lab
Cream Separator

2. Plant Capacity
3000 Ltr/Hour
3. Machines Make rent
• Air Compressor - ELGI
• Head Boiler - ESS KAY
4. Present condition
• Good Running
• 13/05/2012
• I am going to onsite.
• 3/ltr
• N/A
11. Location

ghanta33

hi sir

hi sir
i am lakshman from hyd.
we brought a new technolgy in india . fodder machine for cows and buffalos. u need of land, less water and few labour is enough sir.
u can contact me sir this is my mail id
so that we can discuss in breif

sudha natarajan

Friends,

Hi,

Even I am working in Bangalore right now. We has a plan to move to combatore, Taminadu soon and also have a plan to start some business like diary farm. It would be really helpful, if someone guide us and explain the initial capital for the same and how to sell the milk directly to the vendor like (Arogya or......).
Please do E-mail me with your valuable insights - 2sudhanatarajan@gmail.com.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudha

lonely

Idoit, illiterate, gavthi...

Hi Deepak,

Kindly do learn to read and write before u post something nonsense.

Regards,

Chetan K

Dear All,

Regards
Deepak

omegaa

natural remedy

flies & fleas may cause problem to cows, I'm dealing with organic product which kills flies & fleas within a minute . Since this is an organic product it'll not harm even if it is taken in or smelled . 100% natural product. expecting sub dealers in Coimbatore district. interested may contact me
omega enterprises : 95859 74854

binistar06

Cattle farm

Friends,

Have you started your Farm or still planning