Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Solar water pumping system

Register

Click Here!

amit_k

The solar water pumping system is a stand-alone system operating on power generated using solar PV (photovoltaic)system. The power generated by solar cells is used for operating DC surface centrifugal mono-block pumpset for lifting water from bore / open well or water reservoir for irrigation and drinking water purpose.

Advantages of solar pump sets.

•No fuel cost-uses abundantly available free sun light
•No conventional grid electricity required
•Long operating life
•Highly reliable and durable- free performance
•Easy to operate and maintain
•Eco-friendly
•Saving of conventional diesel fuel

eiribooks

Solar technology

Solar technology is very well suited to pumping water, even more so than the traditional windmill. A typical system includes one or more solar panels, an efficient 12 volt DC pump, a controller (with float switches), and a "linear current booster"

As long as it's daytime and the float switches show that the water source is not empty and the cistern in the house is not overflowing, the pump will run. The linear current booster allows the pump to run even if it's cloudy out.

Linear Current Booster (LCB)--This device trades voltage for extra current to start a pump. Electric pumps take more power to start up than they take to run, and the LCB takes care of this problem. It will allow your pump to start and run even on cloudy days.

Vijay Gupta
Engineers India Research Institute

kavidhev

Hi ,

Please provide me pricing details about solar pump. Please contact..

thx

Last edited by a moderator:

mkiran2080

Total cost

Hi,

Can you provide me with total cost with installation to this mail id,please contact..

Regards
Kiran

prasad66

Solar Pump for Deep Bore well Pumps

Dear Mr Vijay Gupta
Engineers India Research Institute[.

Read your article with interest.I wonder with 12 Volts DC what RPM and Horse Power is possible. Most of the Bore wells use submersible Pumps rated 5 and above HP , lowered into the Bore wells beyond 300 feet into the ground.It is also possible to use invertor to convert DC to AC , using variable speed Motors for lifting water from deep Bore wells

Please update us to all readers what is maximum Pump rating possible with solar Systems. Who are the manufacturers in India. thank you

mannem

Information...

Mr Amit,

Intresting post. However as suggested by Mr Vijay gupta can you provide more insight in to the technicalities of solar power.

also if you can provide information on your company (may be its website, contact numbers or registered office) would be much appreciated.

This allows us to believe in the genuinity of the post. Any additional information would be highly appreciated.

Mr Vijay Gupta,

Thanks for your appropriate concern, its people like you who can ask right questions so that we (members) can understand the details involved. Keep going with high spirits.

eiribooks

Solar water

I had got lot of details from this website on solar system, i believe they must be providing solutions as well.

I am not sure about there services, but better if you people can get more detail from them.

Vijay Gupta
Please contact..

vijaya

I had got lot of details from this website on solar system, i believe they must be providing solutions as well.

I am not sure about there services, but better if you people can get more detail from them.

Vijay Gupta
Please contact..
ple. send me the details of it my mail Id

thank u

ganapati

Solar technology is very well suited to pumping water, even more so than the traditional windmill. A typical system includes one or more solar panels, an efficient 12 volt DC pump, a controller (with float switches), and a "linear current booster"

As long as it's daytime and the float switches show that the water source is not empty and the cistern in the house is not overflowing, the pump will run. The linear current booster allows the pump to run even if it's cloudy out.

Linear Current Booster (LCB)--This device trades voltage for extra current to start a pump. Electric pumps take more power to start up than they take to run, and the LCB takes care of this problem. It will allow your pump to start and run even on cloudy days.

Vijay Gupta
Engineers India Research Institute
Pl suggest a proper/suitable solar system for my folowing project:-
PROPERTY AT DEHEN

1. I own a small, hilly, laterite land admeasuring 7.5 acres at post Dehen, Tal. Dapoli, Dist. Ratnagiri of Konkan region in Maharashtra. Dehen is a small village, 28 km. from Mandangad ( A taluka place),on Mandangad-Anjarle Road and 20 km. from Dapoli (Nearest Taluka place).
2. There are 100, 5 yrs. old mango plants & 25 fruiting cashew nut plants.
3. My interest is to grow Rudraksha (Elaeocarpus ganitrus) varieties (Total 350 all over the world known in Australia as Blue Berry Ash/Quandong et150 acres/part of barren land (@ Rs.60, 000/acre) & 8 acres mango plantation (@ Rs. 8 lakh/ acre) is available in Kokan, Maharashtra at Dehen, 28 kms. from Mandangad on Anjarle Rd. Road, water & electricity can be made available. Titles are clear.
c.)
4. The project includes development of a "Nakshatravan" as well.
5. The land has a kuccha well admeasuring 25 feet in diameter, kuccha approach road admeasuring 1100 ft.in length & 15 ft. in breadth,10 HP power connection & a pucca house admesuring 450 sq. ft. with three rooms & veranda.
6. The entire land is not fenced, saucer shaped ,bottom height 80 M above sea level, peripheral height(rim) 105 M above sea level with a gradient of about 30 degree.
7. Konkan season is heavy rains in monsoon(4 months) followed by scarcity of water for 8 months, very hot & humid in summer(sea shore at 8 km.).

shivayazhi

Hi Can i use for home if yes this is my cell no or send me mail give me the detailed mails with price .....tks shiva-chennai

msunil

Very interesting article, please can you advise

the place of availability

whether it can work on a borewell about 70 ft deep

the cost of the pump/solar board and other accessories.

The info will be give an insight to issues and is it that no electricity line is needed ?

Can the same work effectively on drip irrigation.

Thanks,
Sunil

vk118

please reply ASAP

The solar water pumping system is a stand-alone system operating on power generated using solar PV (photovoltaic)system. The power generated by solar cells is used for operating DC surface centrifugal mono-block pumpset for lifting water from bore / open well or water reservoir for irrigation and drinking water purpose.

Advantages of solar pump sets.

•No fuel cost-uses abundantly available free sun light
•No conventional grid electricity required
•Long operating life
•Highly reliable and durable- free performance
•Easy to operate and maintain
•Eco-friendly
•Saving of conventional diesel fuel

sir want the system urgently please do reply through PM
thank you.

jm_emu

5 HP solar pump might cost Rs.10 lakh

Rajasthan government is planning to come up with a Rs. 515 crore solar water pump project to cut down on its power expenses.

It is likely to install 10,000 solar water pumps in the first phase to save nine crore units per annum. The state government has sent a proposal to the central government for its approval under the National Agriculture Development Scheme.

Rajasthan agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak said that the state government is in talks with the central government for rolling out this project. “We are waiting for centre’s nod. We will implement it in phases,” he said.

The state government has already invited expressions of interest from solar pump set manufacturers. Around 10 manufacturers have shown interest in supplying solar pump sets in the rural areas.

“The solar pump sets are attached to the water source. Solar panel of the pump converts the solar energy into electrical power, which runs the motor to pump water. A five HP solar water pump set will save 25 units of power every day,” an agriculture department official said.

Under this project, farmers in water-scarce areas will be asked to install solar water pump for irrigation. There are two types of pumps. The cost of 2-HP solar water pump is Rs. 4 lakh while a 5-HP pump costs Rs. 10 lakh.

“Farmers will get 80 percent subsidy on the cost of the pump while the state government will provide them loan on remaining amount at the interest rate of 5 per cent,” he said.