Wanted Experienced person to assist me in red lady papaya farming

Discussion in 'Discussion Topics' started by jomathew, May 15, 2019.

1. jomathew

jomathew Member

Hi, I'm looking for someone who has experience in red lady papaya farming.
    I've got 20 acres of land in Theni for lease and looking for someone who can train me and labors to do farming in this land.
    Please contact me on whatsapp: 00974-33409839 or email: jojo_ckpara@yahoo.com
    Regards,
    Jojo.

priy7cd4 likes this.
  2. maitys

maitys Active Member

Taiwan Lady Red 786 Papaya mother seed costs Rs 3 lac per kg .
    The seed rate : 250-300 g./ha .
    Yield : 130-150 MT / ha
    Cultivation cost : 5-6 lac / ha
    Cost benefit ratio : 2.25 -2.56

priy7cd4 and jomathew like this.
  3. jomathew

jomathew Member

Thank you. I've read about another variety of papaya called IPB9 Calina. May I know your opinion about this variety of hybrid papaya.

priy7cd4 likes this.
  4. maitys

maitys Active Member

Callina IPB 9 is F2 ( second generation ) hybrid variety papaya developed by Late Prof Dr. Sriani Sujiprihati ( Scientist , Plant Breeding ,Institut Pertanian Bogor , Indonesia ) from native Callina papaya variety in 2011

Now they have developed IPB -10 for sap ( papain ) collection purpose .

If you are planning to go for a foreign F2 plant variety plantation , then it’s makes more sense to import from the actual mother seed breeder and follow their crop management methodology in actual
    Approx price for 150 seed ( male –female ) will cost you RD 60,000 ( INR 290 ) plus courier charge .

If you have soiled your own hands in farming then it’s easier for you to chalk out things to do for papaya cultivation in advance .

Germination : 80-90 % germination , you are lucky
    Nursery development : Good growing media for the growth of the sprouts .
    Transplanting :
    Fertiliser applications :
    Pest control : susceptible to 4 pest species
    Disease control : Susceptible to 3 plant disease
    Irrigation :
    Male –female plant sorting : at 3-4 month ( first flowering) if you can identify male plants and know how to convert a male plant into fruit bearing female plant then you are experienced farmer .

priy7cd4 and jomathew like this.
  5. subr0e38

subr0e38 New Member

I want to start in a small way about 1 Hectare of Papaya near Tiruvannamalai-- Shd I buy seed and cultivate saplings in a nursery or buy saplings to save time--Any good supplier anyone can recommend ---How many saplings per hectare--Is this a good time to plant ?

priy7cd4 likes this.
  6. chaitanyapatil7189

chaitanyapatil7189 New Member

Best Quality Papaya Plants Red Lady 786. We Provide Service In All Over India. Yash Nursery Also Provide Seedling and Banana Plants.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    priy7cd4 likes this.